The “Mobile” had evolved from being just a technology device towards being a complete ecosystem that deserves to be viewed in full portrait. The following facts are just a quick excerpt of a fully detailed report about “The Mobile Economy” in 2017:
- By the end of 2016, two-thirds of the world’s population had a mobile subscription, a total of 4.8 billion unique subscribers. And by 2020, almost three-quarters of the world’s population – or 5.7 billion people – will subscribe to mobile services.
- The mobile penetration around the world reached 65% and it is expected to reach 73% by 2020.
- Mobile broadband connections (3G and 4G technologies) accounted for 55% of total connections in 2016.
- The average number of active SIM cards owned per mobile subscriber declined to 1.44 in 2016, from a high of 1.50 in 2012.
- Global SIM connections are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% between 2016 and 2020, in line with unique subscriber growth and thus lifting connections penetration to 112%.
- The mobile ecosystem had contributed 4.4% of GDP globally and supported approximately 28 million jobs in 2016.
To download the full report, kindly Click Here