Amazon has become an enormous force in the world of retail as well as in entertainment. If we could choose one word to describe the Amazon Marketplace, that word would be “dynamic”. So, sellers should have a deep knowledge of how Amazon customers behave, particularly when buying from third-party sellers.
Here are some trends and statistics may help:
- 56% of Amazon customers made their online purchases using the desktop, while 41% used the mobile device.
- 76% of respondents looked for products using the Amazon search box and 58% of consumers said that they scroll past the first page of search results on Amazon.
- 59% of Amazon consumers said that they always read the full product description when making a purchase on amazon.com.
- 39% of Amazon Prime members always check prices on amazon.com before purchasing a product on a different site (29% for non-Prime).
- 95% of respondents have made a purchase on amazon.com in the last year.
- 39% of Amazon Prime members and 15% of non-Primes visit amazon.com 2 or more times per week, while 10% of Amazon Prime members and 39% of non-Primes shop online less than once per month.
- 73% of Amazon Prime members and 63% of non-Prime trust packages shipped by amazon.com more than packages shipped by a third-party seller.
- 58% of respondents claimed that they always check the ratings of third-party sellers when buying on amazon.com.
Data were driven from 1,507 Amazon customers, aged 18-over 60 years (50% were Prime members & 50% were regular Amazon customers) and (60% were female & 40% were male).
To download the full report, kindly Click Here