TrackMaven introduces the 2017 digital marketing analytics, including social media performance, blog performance, public relations performance, and website health metrics of 12 months from over 700 leading businesses.
The big-picture trends in digital marketing effectiveness today:
Businesses in higher education, finance and insurance, and construction products brands industries rank in the top 50th percentile for both average social media audience growth and average social media engagement ratio. They are both growing & engaging their digital audiences.
- Sports & entertainment content hold the biggest audience size on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram, followed by media & publishing, then consumer goods.
- Consumer goods/brands have the highest cross-channel engagement ratios especially on Instagram (58.11 average engagement ratio), LinkedIn & Facebook.
- Sports and entertainment brand blogs have the highest rate of frequency & engagement with an average of 12,098 social shares per blog post.
Digital Marketing Performance Benchmarks per Industry:
- In the industry of accommodation & food services: Facebook has the highest average followers reached 70,520 million.
- In business services: LinkedIn has the lion share of average followers, while Instagram holds the highest average engagement ratio (14.09%).
- In consumer goods industry: Instagram has the biggest social media audience (330,337 followers on average) & the most engaging ratio (58.11 average engagement ratio), while LinkedIn has the smallest social media audience (10,443 followers on average).
- In Finance & Insurance industry: the biggest social media audience is on LinkedIn (11,982 followers on average) & the most engaging social network is Instagram (96.17 average engagement ratio).
- In the healthcare industry: Facebook grabs the biggest social media audience (21,210 followers on average), while Instagram has the most engaging ratio (48.47 average engagement ratio).
A Graph Shows The Social Media Engagement Ratio by Industry.
TrackMaven analyzed the social media performance, blog performance, public relations performance & website health of 701 companies in 13 industries from January 1, 2016, to December 31, 2016.