91% of B2B marketers in North America reported that their organizations already use content marketing. 53% of them have a small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team serves the entire organization, while 47% outsource content creation activities (e.g., writing, design and video production).
Read the points below and keep an eagle eye on the state of B2B content marketing in North America in 2018:-
B2B Content Marketing Commitment & Overall Success:
- 56% of B2B marketer said their B2B organizations’ are extremely/very committed to content marketing.
- Nearly a quarter (24%) indicated that their organizations are extremely/very successful in content marketing.
- Only 18% claimed that their organization’s content marketing is much more successful compared to last year.
- 37% of B2B marketers reported that their organizations have a documented content marketing strategy versus 38% who have a non-documented one.
Content Creation & Distribution:
- Analytics tools are the most used to manage content marketing efforts with a rate of 87%.
- Social media posts also are the most used type of content for content marketing purposes with a rate of 94%, followed by case studies (73%), videos (72%) and e-books/white papers (71%).
- Email (e.g., newsletters, welcome emails) is the most used format to distribute content for content marketing purposes, followed by social media platforms with a rate of 92%.
- LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are the top 3 social media platforms B2B marketers use for content marketing purposes with rates 97%, 87% and 86%, respectively.
B2B Content Marketing Goals & Metrics:
- 19% of respondents rated their organizations as doing an excellent/very good job of aligning metrics with content marketing objectives.
- Just 35% measure the return on investment (ROI) of their organizations’ content marketing efforts.
Graph Shows the Alignment Rate of B2B Marketers’ Metrics and Content Marketing Goals
Data were driven from 870 marketers who indicated their organization is for-profit in North America, primarily selling products/services to businesses (B2B). The survey was conducted during June and July 2017.