Artificial Intelligence (AI) is getting a lot of attention in marketing circles and for good reason, it promises to transform marketing, a significant percentage of B2B marketers are in the early stages of learning about artificial intelligence in marketing technology and aren’t confident in their current knowledge. Some of these marketers are unsure of what artificial intelligence means and the potential impact it could have on their marketing strategy and overall business performance. Additionally, a large portion of surveyed marketers does not understand the differences in types of artificial intelligence such as machine learning and predictive modeling. Artificial intelligence is one of the most hyped terms in marketing technology with a variety of ideas and perspectives coming from vendors, thought leaders, and analysts.
The Key Findings of The “State of Artificial Intelligence In B2B Marketing, 2019” Report:
- Higher quality leads/opportunities are ranked as the main expected benefit of implementing artificial intelligence with a rate of 67%.
- Cost/budget constraints are ranked as the main barrier of taking advantage of artificial intelligence in marketing and sales organizations with a rate of 55%.
- 70% of surveyed B2B marketing teams have a data scientist included in the team.
- 39% of surveyed B2B marketers mentioned that artificial intelligence solutions will take from 4 to 6 months to deliver value.
- 40% of surveyed B2B marketers are not aware of the artificial intelligence capabilities that are part of vendor solutions that they already use.
A Graph Shows The Barriers of Taking Advantage of Artificial Intelligence in Marketing or Sales Organizations.
The Content of The “State of Artificial Intelligence In B2B Marketing, 2019” Report:
- Executive Summary.
- Why B2B Marketers Can’t Ignore AI’s Promise and Potential in 2019.
- Marketers give themselves a C+ on understanding AI.
- Most are Already Evaluating or Implementing AI, but Few are Using AI Solutions.
- Perceived Value of AI Highest for MarTech.
- Top AI Applications Relate to Top of Funnel.
- Low Hanging AI Fruit – Still on the Tree.
- More Buying than Building.
- Data Scientists on Board.
- Marketers Are Bullish on the Time-to-Value of AI.
- Great Expectations for AI.
- AI Poised to Revolutionize Marketing and Sales Performance.
- Most Forecast Double-Digit Percentage Revenue Lift From AI Within Two Years.
- Biggest Barriers: Skills and Cost.
- Optimism for AI is High.
- Conclusion and Action Plan.
- About Demand Metric.
- Appendix: Survey Background.
Number of Pages:
Data were driven online from Dec. 8, 2018, to Jan 25, 2019. A total of 315 responses were collected, 112 of which were complete enough and qualified for inclusion in the analysis. While the survey collected data from all types and sizes of organizations, only data from B2B organizations with annual revenues of $25 million or more were included in the analysis.