It’s 2017, where social media is a huge part of our daily lives. Changes in social media happen almost daily, with each social network working to increase usage and engagement on its platform every day. For B2B brands and organizations, it’s an easy and effective way to get your message and products out to a wider audience in real-time. The most widely used social media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest.
These basics and breaking down best-practices to help B2B marketers connect with their target audience and stay on the top of social media platform changes:
Facebook Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Capture live video to show your products and team.
- Post content around updates, new products, or important company news.
- Share small posts that tell the story of your brand and employees.
- Post infographics that share your product’s value, as well as infographics that are just for fun.
Twitter Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Post links to blog posts.
- Post vibrant infographics that stand out in the Twitter timeline.
- Engage with your current and potential customers around relevant conversations
Post links to events and other activities and events you.
- Add photos and videos to posts for optimal exposure and engagement.
Related: The Complete Guide to Direct Response Advertising on Twitter
Instagram Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Use Instagram’s new feature that allows you to post multiple photos and videos in a single post to document your attendance at an event, or use it to highlight multiple employees or teams.
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at your office or how your products are made using Instagram Stories or Instagram Live.
Related: How to Generate Your First 20,000 Followers on Instagram
LinkedIn Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Post content that establishes you and your brand as thought leaders Post content that adds value to users timeline (tips, tricks, and product resources).
- Post product releases, updates, and news around your company.
- Connect with like-minded and relevant industry people.
- Post about events you’re hosting and organizing.
Related: LinkedIn Content Marketing Tactical Plan in 2019
Pinterest Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Share easily digestible, short snippet content.
- Post photos, with clear, easy-to-read text.
- Make sure pinned posts have shareable links attached Create your own boards for you and your team to use as inspiration, allowing your team to pin things to the board that is giving them inspiration, whether it’s design or function.
Snapchat Tips for B2B Marketers:
- Target younger audiences by posting vibrant photos and videos that capture your brand’s story.
- Purchase geo-targeted filters for events you are hosting or are a part of, and make them
part of your social strategy for the event Share photos and videos of your teams and
capture the behind-the-scenes experience of your brand.
- Share photos and videos of your teams and capture the behind-the-scenes experience
of your brand.