Consumers nowadays use multiple devices in the purchase journey – from searching and browsing to buying. So, retailers need to analyze consumer usage of the different devices during this journey.
- 36% of all online transactions involved 2 or more devices.
- 37% of UK online shoppers visit more than 4 websites to complete a transaction, 31% use 2-3 websites, and 32% use only one website.
- 30% of all cross-device transactions completed on a desktop started on a smartphone, and 24% of those completed on a smartphone started on a desktop.
- Smartphone purchases reach their peak in the evening (9-11 pm), while desktop purchases reach their peak during work hours (1-5 pm).
- 52% of online purchases in the UK are completed on mobile, an increased rate of 13% Y-O-Y.
- Fashion and luxury hold the biggest share of mobile transactions with a growth rate of +13% Y-O-Y.
- iPhone-based transactions increased by a rate of 12% Y-o-Y; growing more than twice (+47%) as fast as Android (+22%).
Figure Shows The Path to Purchase of The Device-Centric & User-Centric View.
Data were driven from over 3,300 online retail businesses globally. In addition to analyzing 1.7 billion transactions per year across desktop and mobile sites.