A survey conducted by Pew Research Center on the American adults revealed that Facebook and YouTube dominate the social media landscape in 2018, as they’re the most used social media platforms by them. Read the below points to find out more about the social media use in the USA in 2018:
- 68% of American adults are using Facebook, nearly 74% of them access Facebook on a daily basis.
- 74% of women in the USA use Facebook, compared with 62% of men.
- YouTube is used by 73% of American adults. This is followed by Instagram which used by 35%.
- Nearly 6 out of 10 of respondents claimed that it would not be hard to stop using these social sites, including 29% who say it would not be hard at all to give up social media.
- Women are more likely to use Pinterest (41% of whom say they use the site versus 16% of men).
- LinkedIn remains popular among college graduates and those in high-income households, with half of Americans with a college degree use LinkedIn.
- 49% of Hispanics in the USA indicated that they use WhatsApp, compared with 14% of whites and 21% of blacks.
A Graph Shows the Top Social Media Platforms Used by American Adults in 2018
Data were driven from a national sample of 2,002 adults, 18 years of age or older, living in all 50 USA states and the District of Columbia.