it’s clear that 2017 will be a monumental one for mobile commerce in North America and Europe, Mobile isn’t just a channel, it’s a way of life. Retailers and brands that grasp this concept and align their strategies and investments accordingly.
Via a sample of US enterprise e-commerce customers during Q1 2017, you’ll get The below findings which shows that the mobile will drive more retail revenue than desktop for Black Friday 2017 – a reality that retailers can’t afford to ignore:
- Offline sales were hit hard during recession years, but online sales continued to grow 16.2% per year, growth coming from the mobile device.
- E-commerce revenue has doubled over the past 5 years.
- Mobile revenue will overtake desktop revenue in the second half of 2017, just in time for the busiest shopping season of the year.
- The product display page (PDP) is visited in 3.7x more sessions by the rate of 33%, than the homepage by the rate of 17.25%.
- 57% of sessions drop off from cart to check out at the rate of 2.08%.
- 34% of sessions drop off from checkout to conversion at the rate of 1.37%.
- Web push is a very effective channel for reaching and engaging mobile customers. With the majority of online traffic coming from mobile, web push should be used as a tool to turn traffic into revenue and increase repeat customers.
- 7x more people will open and click your web push message.
- Subscribers typically return twice per quarter via web push notifications.
4 Factors Would Make it More Likely for Consumers to Shop via Mobile:
- Easier navigation: Use location and customer behavior data to personalize content
- Increased speed: By using PWAs and AMP, you can “start fast”, and “stay fast”.
- One-click purchases: Offer technologies that allow users to avoid filling out billing and shipping Information.
- Enhanced security: Add lock icons & the word “secure” to your checkout buttons.
To download the full report, kindly Click Here