Marketers believe that email has never been so important, but the nature of email is changing and it becomes an essential tool with rising of content importance every year.
A survey of 46 questions in total was conducted in the UK and the results come to show that:
- 63% of marketers surveyed assume that email marketing is very important for their organizations.
- Shortage of strategies, data, and content are the main challenges are the main challenges to executing email marketing programs successfully.
- The top three uses for email marketing are the engagement for 71%, sales for 58% and lead generation or acquisition for 52%.
- 1 in 10 marketers said that all their emails are relevant to their customers and more worryingly, and only 2 in 5 said that at best ‘some’ of their emails are relevant to consumers.
- B2C marketers test significantly more emails than B2B marketers, with 21% testing more than 3 quarters of emails, compared to 10% of B2B marketers.
- The majority of marketers said email is best for retention, followed by conversion, brand promotion, and acquisition.
- In terms of contact customers, the majority of marketers contact their customers using emails between 2 to 4 times in a month.
For more information, please download “Marketer Email Tracking Study, 2017” full report.