Teachers are one of the marketing segments that can’t be overlooked. In 2016-17, they spend almost 11% of their personal paychecks on classroom expenses such as classroom supplies and instructional materials with an average of $468.
Find out more about how & when they shop, what they shop for and how much they spend:
- Some teachers reported that they spent up to $5,000 in 2017, almost decreased by $1,000 from 2016.
- 36% of the teachers shopped every few months, 28% shopped every single month and 22% shopped only before the school year starts.
- 85% don’t currently use crowdfunding platforms such as GoFundMe to raise the funds for their classrooms, while 25% would do so in the future.
- 49% said they prefer to shop online, compared to 22% prefer shopping in-store.
- 78% were more likely to use laptops for purchasing classroom items than mobile devices or tablets (11% for both of them).
- Paying for shipping is the key driver which make 41% of teachers abandon online shopping.
- Teachers are 96% more likely to purchase from a company that offers a teacher discount online.
Data were driven from 674 K-12 teachers and educators from across the US.
To download the full infographic, kindly Click Here