The great technological development that has recently occurred has affected the preferences of the devices used by internet users.
Find out the latest trends for smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and wearables:
- 91% of all internet users globally are using smartphones, but North Americans and Europeans are still more likely to have a PC/laptop.
- PCs & laptops rank the second of the most preferred devices at a rate of 84%.
- Wearable devices -such as smartwatches- owned by fewer than 1 in 10 digital consumers.
- The vast majority of internet users surveyed are multi-device owners – owning an average of 3 of the devices we track.
- Internet users spend more time on the internet using their mobile phones (2 ½ hours, rising much higher among 16-24s).
- In terms of iOS usage, Android ranks the top with a rate of 68%, followed by 25% for iPhone.
- Apple usage increased in some key markets like Australia (40%), the USA (36%) and the UK (35%).
- 25-34s and men are the most likely to be using VPNs tools.
- Saudi Arabia (51%) and Indonesia (47%) are considered as the countries with the fastest growth in using these technologies.
Graph Shows the Most Important Devices Globally by Age and By Region, 2017
Data were driven from over 350,000 internet users aged 16-64 years around the whole world.