Enterprise m still at a very early stage of maturity, with less than a quarter of employees eligible to access such facilities. Many employees complain that the only advance over the last 10 years has been to “mobilize the laptop”.
So, there is an alarming gap between Central IT and line-of-business IT environments. Figure out the top line findings of enterprise mobility applications:
- Only 4 in 10 of financial service organizations surveyed have achieved a 25% penetration rate of mobile applications amongst their workforce and it’s expected to grow up to 58% by 2020.
- Firms adopted mobile apps to increase employee productivity (39%), increase profitability (36%), make a better collaboration with clients (35%), and increase sales (30%).
- Most firms have concerns from management and compliance of mobile apps at a rate of 62%.
- Just a quarter of firms surveyed considered mobility as a must-have.
- To address the gap in business partnerships, Central IT has taken the initiative for mobile strategy origination and implementation in 77% of respondent organizations.
- 56% of firms surveyed use both off-the-shelf and custom-built approaches to applications development.
Data were driven from over 100 financial service organizations in the UK and North America.