A survey based on over 12,000 Internet users in South Africa on their online shopping habits and uncovered the following key insights:
- 26% spend 5+ hours on the Internet on an average day.
- Both men and women shop online.
- 48% are 25-44 years old.
- 38% are accessing the Internet via a mobile phone and 29% are accessing from a work or personal computer.
- 56% of respondents have shopped online.
- 59% of online shoppers prefer to do their online shopping on a desktop computer or laptop and 27% prefer to use their mobile phone.
- Books, tickets for events, hotel reservations and DVDs, videos or music, travel tickets are the top five items they purchased via the Internet.
- 72% use price comparison sites.
- 50% of respondents have a household income of R20,000+.
- 57% are in a relationship or married, and 20% have children aged 4-10, while 21% have no children.
- 58% of respondents prefer to pay on card and 23% would prefer to pay on delivery.
- 60% are happy with the level of online shopping they are doing at the moment.
To download the full report, kindly Click Here