SEO is changing and marketers often see multiple updates per year from Google. As a result, they are faced with the challenge of educating themselves about each update, adapting their SEO strategy accordingly, and solving for any decrease in organic traffic.
Sound like a lot of work? It sure is.
Luckily, this HubSpot’s guide is going to point out all of the most common myths about how SEO works and debunk them for you, so you don’t waste a single moment on things that don’t matter in 2019.
Download the HubSpot’s guide to answer the below questions:
- How much does having a secure HTTPS website matter?
- Do meta descriptions have a big impact on search rankings?
- Does Google still care about local search?
- Do pop-ups always hurt my search ranking?
Related Guide: Advanced Technical SEO: A Complete Guide
What’s in “22 SEO Myths You Should Leave Behind in 2019” Guide:
- The 22 SEO Myths You Should Leave Behind in 2019
- Myth #1: “I must submit my site to Google.”
- Myth #2: “More links are better than more content.”
- Myth #3: “Having a secure (HTTPS encrypted) site isn’t important for SEO.”
- Myth #4: “SEO is all about ranking.”
- Myth #5: “Meta descriptions have a huge
- impact on search rankings.”
- Myth #6: “Pop-ups will always hurt my ranking in search.”
- Myth #7: “Keyword optimization is THE key to SEO.”
- Myth #8: “Keywords need to be an exact match.”
- Myth #9: “The H1 is the most important on-page element.”
- Myth #10: “My homepage needs a lot of content.”
- Myth #11: “The more pages I have, the better.”
- Myth #12: “Good user experience is an added bonus, not a requirement.”
- Myth #13: “Local SEO doesn’t matter anymore.”
- Myth #14: “Google will never know if I have bad sites linking to me.”
- Myth #15: “Images don’t require any optimization.”
- Myth #16: “Featured Snippets only matter if you’re Wikipedia.”
- Myth #17: “I don’t need a mobile optimization strategy.”
- Myth #18: “SEO is something I can hand off to IT.”
- Myth #19: “The age of my domain will help me rank.”
- Myth #20: “Google holds grudges.”
- Myth #21: “Video doesn’t have any SEO benefits.”
- Myth #22: “Voice search will never stick.”
Number of Pages: