The day starts & ends with the social media networks. But if more than one-third of the world is on the social media channels, how can the marketers make sure that the right message gets to the right people? So they must follow the modern trends to know the updated social media marketing directions to make sure that their ads move in the right direction.
The below statistics leads the marketers to know their targeted audience by generation use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. It also provides an overview of some of the major social media channels:
- There will be 2.67 billion social media users worldwide by 2018 & 2.95 billion by 2020
- 90% of brands use 2 or more social networks.
- 78% of the US population has social network profiles.
- Generation Z ages from 13 -19 years, presents 22% of US population, prefers to see real people rather than celebrities in their advertisements.
- 68% of Generation X-aged 36 to 49 years makes buying decisions based on reviews.
- 5 % of old aged (50 to 65), spend 11+ hour weekly on the Facebook.
- 79% of all Twitter accounts are outside the US.
- 65% of leading brands have an Instagram account.
- Advertising earning nearly doubled from 2014 by16$ to 31$ billion in 2016.
- Facebook business pages reached 60 M by October 2016.
- 81% of Pinterest users are women.
- Over than 69% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube.
To view the full infographic, kindly Click Here