Indian online gaming market value estimated at nearly $290 million in 2016. and it is expected to reach about $1010 million by 2021. The key driver of the rising market volume was the proliferation of low-cost smartphones amongst the urban and rural population.
Read the below brief and keep up with changing technology trends in the online gaming market of India in 2017:
- The total population of India is 1325 million in 2016, 409 million of them are internet users and 120 million are online gamers.
- Internet penetration in 2017 estimated with 31% and it’s expected to reach about 53% by the end of 2021.
- 83% of online gamers in India are males and only 14% are females.
- 88% use mobile phones as the primary device to play online games.
- Nearly 60% of urban mobile gamers in India are below 24 years.
- More than 75% of gamers in India play online games to relieve stress and interact with others.
- According to 43% of respondents, most games are downloaded through app distribution platforms.
- Nearly 6 in 10 of current paying gamers in India spend on downloading and upgrading access to the games.
- Almost a quarter of paying gamers in India made their most payments through debit cards followed by internet banking.
Data were driven from 3000 online gamer(s) in India and 18 focused group discussions with 5-6 respondents across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. All respondents aged 16-45 years old.