This study is a part of AudienceProject Insights 2019. The study investigates the state of traditional TV, online video and streaming in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland.
The study revealed that Netflix keeps strengthening its position as the go-to platform to catch up with the latest series and movies. In all countries surveyed, the number of Netflix’s audience has grown since last year and it is in 2019 the number one streaming service in all countries – except Finland where Yle Areena takes the lead.
The State of Online Video & Streaming in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway & Finland:
- People who are watching TV are more likely to use a second screen while watching, with over half of respondents surveyed indicates that.
- The mobile is the most preferred second screen device.
- Respondents in Norway (88%) and in the US (85%) are more likely to watch online video on a weekly basis. Younger people are most likely to do so than older people.
- Again, mobile is the most preferred device for watching online video.
- YouTube and Facebook are the top online video platforms in all countries surveyed.
- Around half of respondents are streaming or downloading TV, series or movies on a weekly basis. And again, Younger people are most likely to do so than older people.
A Figure Shows the Percentages of Watching Online Video (2018 Vs. 2019)
Content of “Insights 2019: Traditional TV, Online Video & Streaming” Report:
- Traditional TV
- Online video
- About the study
Number of Pages:
Data in this study is collected through online surveys conducted in Q4 2018. The respondents have been selected from AudienceProject’s Nordic, German, UK and US panels consisting of more than 1.5 million panelists and weighed to achieve representativity on the more than 16.000 respondents who completed the survey.