Mobile broadband is growing strongly. On average, more than 1 million new mobile broadband subscribers will be added every day up to the end of 2022. The total traffic in mobile networks also increased by 70% between the end of Q1 2016 & the end of Q1 2017.
Gain more knowledgeable and read the below insights & expectations:
- The worldwide mobile subscriptions are increasing by around 4% year-over-year, reaching 7.6 billion in Q1 2017.
- The number of subscribers is lower than the number of subscriptions (5.2 billion Vs. 7.6 billion).
- APAC – excluding China and India – has the highest number of mobile subscriptions (1,510 million) in Q1 2017.
- 90% of smartphone subscriptions are for 3G and 4G.
- Mobile broadband subscriptions are increasing by around 25% year-over-year, increasing by about 240 million in Q1 2017.
- Mobile broadband subscriptions in the Middle East and Africa expected to grow almost triple between 2016 & 2022.
- 25% of subscriptions in North America & 10% in the Asia Pacific will be for 5G by 2022.
- The worldwide data traffic grew around 12% quarter-on-quarter and around 70% year-on-year.
- Mobile video traffic is expected to grow by about 50% annually through 2022 to account for about 75% of all mobile data traffic.
- Tablets own 60% of the total share of video traffic in the second half of 2016, but smartphones will grab 90% of mobile data traffic in 2022.
Data were driven from historical data of various sources validated with Ericsson internal data, including extensive measurements in customer networks.
To download the full report, kindly Click Here