Mobile broadband is growing strongly. On average, more than 1 million new mobile broadband subscribers will be added every day up to the end of 2022. The total traffic in mobile networks also increased by 70% between the end of Q1 2016 & the end of Q1 2017.
Gain more knowledgeable and read the below insights & expectations:
- The worldwide mobile subscriptions are increasing by around 4% year-over-year, reaching 7.6 billion in Q1 2017.
- The number of subscribers is lower than the number of subscriptions (5.2 billion Vs. 7.6 billion).
- APAC – excluding China and India – has the highest number of mobile subscriptions (1,510 million) in Q1 2017.
- 90% of smartphone subscriptions are for 3G and 4G.
- Mobile broadband subscriptions are increasing by around 25% year-over-year, increasing by about 240 million in Q1 2017.
- Mobile broadband subscriptions in the Middle East and Africa expected to grow almost triple between 2016 & 2022.
- 25% of subscriptions in North America & 10% in the Asia Pacific will be for 5G by 2022.
- The worldwide data traffic grew around 12% quarter-on-quarter and around 70% year-on-year.
- Mobile video traffic is expected to grow by about 50% annually through 2022 to account for about 75% of all mobile data traffic.
- Tablets own 60% of the total share of video traffic in the second half of 2016, but smartphones will grab 90% of mobile data traffic in 2022.
A Figure Shows The Subscription Penetration as a percentage of the population.
Data were driven from historical data of various sources validated with Ericsson internal data, including extensive measurements in customer networks.