Digital retail businesses must leverage technology across the organization to upskill and create an agile workforce that can operate efficiently and drive fast innovation.
Read the below points to find out how the 200 marketers surveyed making sense of the possibilities artificial intelligence is bringing, what channels are getting a makeover, and what challenges are still blocking success.
- Nearly 1 in 5 of respondents said that their organization fell short of its 2016 marketing goals.
- 28% of respondents said that they exceeded their 2016 goals, and 75% of them said they had a larger marketing budget in 2017, compared to only 26% of respondents whose marketing fell short.
- 64% of retailers who fell short of their 2016 goals said they had “lots of room to innovate” in email, compared to only 48% of retailers who exceeded their 2016 goals.
- Marketers consider online, email and mobile as the most platforms or channels that generated revenue in 2017.
- 73% of marketers surveyed assumed that their organization has the foundation and structure it needs to excel in multi-channel/cross-channel campaign management in 2017.
- 28% of marketers surveyed expected to make the biggest investments in innovating cross/ multi-channel campaign management in 2017, followed by a rate of 26% for email marketing.
- Email marketing (24%), digital Advertising (24%), and social platforms (23%) are considered as the best channel for driving new customers over the next year.
- 37% of marketers surveyed use artificial intelligence (Al) in search, followed by 33% recommendation engines for products/content.
A Chart Shows The Largest Expected Challenges in 2017.