Online video consumption is rising year over year, especially that the video views are increasing with the growth of video calls, online games and live broadcasts, besides the VR (virtual reality) which is currently the fastest growing form of video traffic.
Take a sneak peek of the top line findings of the market & consumers and gain an international understanding of the ICT market and business models:
- 40% of the advanced internet users respondents would like a computer with VR/AR as its main interface.
- VR/AR technologies must be truly mobilized to become popular, with 70% do not want to worry about charging mobile device batteries all the time.
- 1 in 2 smartphone owners believes they will be able to talk to household appliances.
- 2 in 5 of respondents believe that their phones will soon learn what they do and perform activities on their behalf automatically.
- 3 in 5 of respondents already consider online meetings to be like meetings in real life, while less than a third of non-VR users think so.
- 1 in 3 cited that social networks are their prime source of news, with half of the sample respondents value contacts’ opinions over those of politicians say. These half would be willing to have an AI (Artificial Intelligence) as a political leader which are pointing to a lack of trust in society.
- Almost half of the users would like to just have reasonably good privacy across all services, while 2 in 5 want to use encrypted services only (end-to-end encryption). Besides, 46% said they need the encrypted protection services offer.
Data were driven via an online survey which was carried out in October 2016 from 7,138 advanced internet users who are aged from 15 to 69 years. The selected respondents were advanced internet users who are highly adapted with an average use of new digital technologies such as fitness trackers, smart watches and virtual reality headsets. The respondents are located in Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, Johannesburg, London, Mexico City, Moscow, New York, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
To download the full report, kindly Click Here