People remember 80% of what they see, 20% of what they read, and 10% of what they hear. So, it’s no wonder that Instagram is a popular social media platform, and not just for consumers but for brands as well.
Check out the below insights on Instagram, how brands are using it and what they’re getting out of it:
- Instagram Audience:
- 90% of Instagram users are under 35 years, 51% of those users are males and 49% are females.
- They spend an average of 25 minutes per day on Instagram.
- 33% of internet users use Instagram, 80+ million of US populations use Instagram.
- Instagram stories & likes trend:
- 150+ million daily active story users, 600+ million monthly active users, 400+ million daily active users.
- 4.2 billion likes per day, 40+ billion photos posted to-date.
- Instagram engagement with brands:
- 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, 84 times higher than Twitter.
- 50% of most major brands use Instagram, but it’s expected to rise to 71% by 2018.
- Posts include location tag have 79% higher engagement than posts without.
- The best times to post on Instagram are Mondays & Thursdays at any time except between 3:00-4:00 PM.