In order to write any digital marketing plan, there is a clear simple framework called the “SOSTAC planning model” that you would use. This simply means breaking your plan down into 6 elements:
- S – Stands for “Situation Analysis” and where you are now.
- O – Stands for “Objectives” you want to achieve.
- S – Stands for the “Strategy” which summarises how you are going to get there.
- T – Stands for “Tactics” which are the details of strategy.
- A – It’s for “Action” or implementing the plan of work.
- C – It’s for “Control” which means measurement, monitoring, reviewing, updating and modifying.
On another side, there are 7 simple steps for creating a digital marketing plan:
- Know thy target audience intimately
- Spy on your competitors to see how they are using digital marketing channels to reach customers.
- Prioritize your digital tactics and channels.
- Quick Wins – Your plan will be ‘right’ for your business depending on your business objectives and customers.
- Measuring results.
- Testing your plan by tracking your traffic, goals, and conversions in Google Analytics and other metrics like Facebook Insights.
- Monthly reviewing to see where your marketing tactics are driving results regularly and to adapt your campaigns to take advantage of new opportunities.
Graph Shows a Digital Marketing Strategy Planning Tool