Webinars or web events are a high form of content marketing. It can be a powerful training and outreach tool. It also helps in strengthening a company’s brand awareness, increasing exposure in the market besides generating qualified sales leads.
Follow the below tips to make web events a great experience for you and your audience:
- Treat with your web event just as you plan for meeting someone.
- Select a topic that would catch the target audience’s attention and entice them to register for and attend the event by delivering value, not a sales pitch.
- Don’t make the audience complete a long and tedious registration form and keep it brief.
- Don’t stop with an email invite and links on your website – think outside of the box for effective event promotion.
- Make sure to take advantage of social media sites and engage with audiences before, during and after the web event.
- In terms of pre-event preparation, hold a live rehearsal and dry-run during the week leading up to the live event.
- Send at least 1 reminder email to registrants nearly 24 hours prior to the event to prevent audiences from forgetting to attend.
- During the live web event, deliver what you promised, be prepared to handle chat and keep the audience engaged using a clear call-to-action.
- After the web event, send follow-up emails to attendees within 24 hours after the live event and track key success metrics, such as the number of registrants and attendance rate.
An Example of a Good Registration Form