The Mobile-Only internet users are defined as those who only access the internet via a smartphone or feature phone. They represent 16% of the global online population. GlobalWebIndex dug deeper into this segment in a way to define their characteristics and behaviors that make them unique. Hence the findings came to say the following insights into mobile-only consumer worldwide:
Which Regions Rank Highest?
- The vast majority (44%) of mobile-only internet users are located in the Middle East and Africa region.
- The Asia Pacific is the second largest region with a rate of 18%, followed by Latin America (11%).
Which Countries Rank Highest?
- African countries dominate the top-ranked countries with the highest rates of mobile-only internet users – Morocco (65%), Nigeria (60%), Kenya (60%) and Ghana (58%).
- In contrast, France (4%), Italy (4%) the UK (4%), Spain (3%) and Germany (3%) are the lowest countries.
Which Brands Dominate in Each Region?
- Samsung is the top-ranked mobile brand in almost all regions. It reached its highest rates in Latin America (37%) and Europe (36%).
- It is not the same in North America where iPhone tops all other mobile brands with a rate of 43%.
How Do Mobile-Only Consumers Engage With Brands?
- Mobile-only internet users are less likely to engage with brands on social media, while they’re more likely to visit a brand’s website.
- In contrast, mobile-only internet users are more likely to use social networks to look for more information about brands/products/services online than using search engines (43% vs. 40%).
Data were driven from 13,131 Mobile-Only internet users aged 16-64 in 44 countries. All respondents in Ghana, Kenya, Morocco and Nigeria took the survey on a mobile.
To download the full infographic, kindly Click Here