Today’s teens had mobile phones when they were in elementary or middle school, compared to high school or college for their older counterparts. So, when marketers targeting black teens, it’s important to understand the digital behaviors of them, and how they compared to the general population of teens.
- The majority of black teens (79%) use smartphones more than any other devices, and they’re lighter TV watchers.
- Black teens are more likely to listen to music on their phones than anything else (86% compared to 72% of all teens).
- 81% of black teens spend more than 3 hours per day watching online video.
- 43% of black teens prefer to get in touch with others via text message, compared to 38% of all teens.
- 66% of black teens make purchases online, and 85% make in-store purchases.
- The main reason makes black teens prefer to shop online is getting better deals.
- In terms of payment methods, more than half of black teens prefer cash method, while only 10% of them prefer credit cards.
Data were driven from an online survey targeted a sample representative in the US totaled 2,013 between 13 to 17 (classified as all teens), 18 to 24 (classified as young adults), 25 to 34 (classified as adults).
To download the full report, kindly Click Here