Social Media is one of the biggest opportunities that companies across industries have to connect directly to consumers, it is playing an increasing part of consumers’ lives, and reaching these audiences is a must for marketers. Looking at the average weekly reach of social media among the devices shows the different types of consumers are being reached in different ways.
To measure the different activities on the internet and social platform you need a mediate device, PCs, Tablets, or mobiles and all allow for social interactivity, some useful information is mentioned below:
- Nearly 177 million of U.S adults engaged with social platforms on smartphones in Q3 2016, 46% were adult men and 54% were adult women.
- Nearly 74 million of U.S adults engaged with social media via tablets and 74 of them were adult women.
- 78% of U.S social media users whose age between 18 and 34 are using smartphones, 12% are using PCs, and 10% are using tablets to access social networks.
- 69% of U.S social media users whose age between 35 and 49 are using smartphones,18% are using PCs, and 13% are using tablets to access social networks.
- Among female adults in the U.S., 25% of their overall weekly media time was spent using social media more than 6.5 hours.
- The top social networking platforms on smartphones are Facebook (used by 178.8 M users), Instagram (used by 91.5 M users), Twitter (used by 26.5 M), Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- The top social networking activities in U.S. are visiting friends profile/page with rate 57%. commenting on a friend’s post with rate 55%, sent messages or e-mails with rate 50%, and watching videos with rate 50%.
- At least three-quarters of consumers made a purchase within the last year. Conversely, less than half (46%) of non-social media users in the U.S. made an online purchase over that same period.
- The top items shipped for on the last years were clothing or accessories, books, movie tickets, home accessories, and airline tickets.
- On an average day, 61% of unique interacting with TV on Facebook are female with a rate of 61% and 39% are males.
- 14.2 M Social Media Interactions About TV Across Facebook & Twitter On Average Each Day This Fall in The U.S.
For more information, please download the “2016 Nielsen Social Media” full report.