Joyent is looking for a Software Engineer in California, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Operate with other SDK Engineers to maintain both the SDKs and associated tools.
- Associate in code reviews with a critical eye for quality.
- Develop unit and integration testing within the client SDK and associated tools.
- Solve and triage of reported issues and feature requests.
- Coordination with product leadership about prioritization of existing and upcoming issues.
- Understood, quantify, and communicate the performance impacts of fixes and features.
- Support technical writers in preparing materials and documentation for a wide audience.
- Effective experience in modern Java development practices (1.8+) and tools.
- Proficient experience in writing both unit and integration tests and understand their tradeoffs.
- Proficient experience with the principles of concurrency and multi-threading both generally and in Java.
- Demonstrated understanding of HTTP and client-server architectures.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and failure modes of distributed systems.
- Familiarity with Maven configuration and workflows.
- Obsessed with writing clean, understandable code, avoiding unnecessarily clever solutions whenever possible (even if they’re fun to implement).
- Solid attention to detail and a passion for delivering valuable solutions to customers.
- Willing to travel up to 15%.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently.
About Joyent :
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is a provider of modern, open cloud infrastructure as a service. The San Francisco-based company created Triton, a cloud infrastructure solution built with the agility and flexibility to evolve with new architectures and applications while optimizing performance and driving down costs.