Comtech Group is looking for a Software Developer in Ontario, Canada. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Participate as designer and developer to design, code and release software for an Android target.
- Associate in the implementation of connectivity framework features (BT, USB and Wi-Fi etc.) or multimedia framework features (playback engine, audio, codec, speech, CarPlay, AndroidAuto, or Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Aid in improving and maintaining existing infotainment software, feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review, feature prototype building, testing, and refinement.
- Associate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs.
- Produce clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process.
- Cooperate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent field; advanced degrees preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms, such as Android or iOS.
- Effective working experience with mobile platforms, services and Apps, CarPlay, and Android Auto is preferred.
- Proficient working experience of Android component, firmware development, developing automotive infotainment solutions and experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is preferred.
- Solid object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code.
- Expert knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware.
- Proven track record in embedded LAN and Ethernet, software platform development experiences, such as Linux and Android platform.
- Sound software development experience in C, C++, Java; familiar with Android development toolkit and process.
- Strong skills in SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc., experience with Scrum/Agile software development process.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information; creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment.
About Comtech Group :
Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in program and project management, engineering, technology and project capacity services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America.