Space Center Houston is looking for a Social Media Specialist. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Develop a strategic and proactive social media plans and programs to communicate organization’s key messages, achieve ongoing positive publicity to enhance the brand and market Space Center Houston programs.
- Incorporate into these plans and programs a strong content strategy that amplifies organizational messaging through.
- Content that is relevant, specific and appropriate to a social media platform.
- Framework to engage and encourage influencers to communicate key messages of the center and foundation and/or take action desired by the organization.
- Oversee and execute social media events such as Facebook Live, social media influencer previews and others as they arise.
- Monitor, update and analyze public digital-account profiles such as (TripAdvisor, Google Places, Yelp!, Charity Navigator, GuideStar and Wikipedia) to ensure accuracy and that best practices are in being used by the foundation.
- Plan and coordinate annual social media/digital editorial calendar based on organization’s program needs and key target audience interests.
- Monitor, analyze and write reports for all campaigns that include key performance indicators, results, key findings, best practices and recommendations.
- Perform and provide weekly, monthly and annual reports on overall digital programs.
- Reports should show the value and ROI of the social media programs and advertising campaigns and how they contribute to the success of the organization’s programs and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in online marketing, marketing, journalism, public relations, communications or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in social media marketing, social content creation and management and using online marketing programs to acquire new customers preferred.
- Extensive experience with (A/B testing, tagging and marketing automation tools).
- Effective understanding of managing strategic social media campaigns on (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, blogs, wikis, RSS, discussion forums and other online platforms).
- Expert understanding of social media analytic tools (preferred experience with Cision) and website analytics tools.
- Proficient knowledge of using (Facebook Insights, Hootsuite, YouTube Insights and Twitter Analytics).
- Excellent writing experience in writing engaging and creative social media content using (AP) style.
- Intermediate working skills in using (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Strong working skills in using (MS Office).
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks, projects and information simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
About Space Center Houston:
Space Center Houston is a leading science and space learning center, the official visitor center of NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston and a Smithsonian Affiliate museum.