Princeton University is looking for a Social Media Specialist. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Create and edit written and visual content on Princeton’s main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn) using the established university voice.
- Contribute content to the university’s main website www.princeton.edu.
- Cooperate with colleagues around the university to promote their content on social media.
- Collaborate with the social media strategist on the editorial calendar as well as promote university social media policies and best practices.
- Work with the team to identify and engage in new, creative efforts to help tell the university’s story.
- Monitor social media communities and respond accordingly.
- At least 5 years of experience in a social media role, developing and producing written, photographic and video content.
- Proven track record of creatively leveraging social media to tell diverse stories.
- Extensive experience with social media content management system such as (Hootsuite and Sprout).
- Effective understanding of the major social media platforms including (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat and LinkedIn).
- Advanced experience in covering events live including producing facebook live or other streaming content.
- Solid working knowledge of using (MS Excel).
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
About Princeton University:
Princeton provides undergraduates and graduates instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering. It offers professional degrees through the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the School of Architecture and the Bendheim Center for Finance.