Facebook ad targeting allows marketers to carefully select the audience. It’s a powerful way for Facebook advertisers to hyper-target very specific groups, but Ad targeting can also be overwhelming because there are so many options to choose from.
1. Demographics: Targeting options include age, gender, interest, and language.
2. Connections: Targeting options include people who liked a brand’s Facebook page or app, as well as the friends of those high-interest persons.
3. Interest: Targeting options include people who are interested in a brand, other targeting options are categories such as movies, music, sports, games, shopping, etc.
4. Custom audiences: With this option, an advertiser can upload a customer contact list to target existing customers who are also Facebook users.
5. Behavior: Targeting options include people with particular behaviors, such as automotive purchase, mobile or financial behaviors, travel patterns, etc.