A hashtag is a keyword or a phrase (without any spaces) that contains the # symbol. It is a simple way to boost traffic, find & reach niche audiences, and to discover trending cultural moments.
Learn more about how hashtags work on each social network:
- Twitter: Hashtags are a necessary way to categorize content on Twitter. Try to limit 2 or 3.
- Instagram: Hashtags are used to build communities and help users to find topics they care about. Limit to a few hashtags in your caption and if you have more than a few hashtags, make a list of them in a comment rather than in the caption.
- Facebook: Using hashtags on Facebook can make your content look overtly promotional. So, avoid using hashtags on Facebook.
- Google+: Use hashtags to tag and classify your content (such as #cookingtips).
- Tumblr: Choose hashtags that reflect the interest category of your content.
- Pinterest: Use hashtags here sparingly. It would help your content rise in search results.
To download the full Guide, kindly Click Here