Twitter UK has 13 million active users, a number that’s still growing. This might demonstrate the power of Twitter, but the real and greatest power is held by Twitter’s influential profiles.
Every month, Sotrender analyze 20+ industries to show who really rocks on Twitter in the UK. It’s time to see who took the lead on Twitter in the UK in July 2017:
- Musicians and music industry profiles grabbed the highest number of followers estimated with almost 14K for Musicians profiles and over 12K for music industry profiles.
- As for all profiles, “BBC’s Breaking News” grew by 1% which means that their profile followers increased by over 33 million, followed by “One Direction” with almost 32 million followers.
- Brands: “One Direction” owned the top of followers and “Chelsea FC” had the highest number of activities per tweet (3226).
- Finance: “Bank of England” and “Barclays UK” held the highest number of followers with a 1% growth rate.
- Retail & E-commerce: “Amazon.com.uk” was the only retail Twitter profile to exceed the 1 million followers threshold.
- Alcohols & Beer: The “Wild Beer Co” topped all the Twitter profiles in the number of followers (27822) and mentions (1371).
- Automotive & Cars: “Audi UK” ranked the top of all profiles in the number of followers with a total of 190715 followers.
- Politics: “Labour Party” still dominates politics profiles with over 507K followers, followed by their main competition “The Conservatives” with over 282K followers.
For more information, please download the “Twitter Trends in UK, July 2017” full report.