Twitter’s audience continued to grow and this growth has been driven by a combination of organic growth (reflecting some seasonal strength), product improvements (including better relevance in the timeline and notifications) and marketing.
Recognize some of the first quarter 2017 of Twitter financial results:
- Twitter daily active usage increased by a rate of 14% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users also increased to reach 328 million in Q1 2017.
- Twitter revenue totaled $548 million, a decrease of 8% year-over-year.
- The advertising revenue also decreased by a rate of 11% to reach $474 million in Q1 2017.
- Data licensing and other revenue totaled $74 million, an advance of 17% year-over-year.
- International Twitter revenue totaled $208 million, with an increase of 2% year-over-year.
- Total ad engagements also increased to reach 139% year-over-year, while cost per engagement (CPE) decreased by 63%.
For more information, please download “Twitter Q1 2017 Earnings” full report.