Reading online reviews has become a key step in any purchasing journey; as feedback & comments lifted by other shoppers help people to make informed and confident purchases. That makes 66% of consumer surveyed said that reading reviews, is their first port of call to help make a decision.
Read the below and recognize the attitudes and behaviors of the UK today’s consumer towards online reviews:
- 73% of shoppers check online product reviews while they’re in a store.
- 75% of in-store shoppers consult the feedback of others, using their smartphone, before making any purchase.
- 76% of shoppers consider online reviews as one of the top 3 influences when deciding whether to buy something.
- 66% of respondents said that they would be motivated to leave a review if they were rewarded.
- 71% of consumers will leave a review after a good experience and 52% of people will leave a review after a poor one.
- 82% of consumers surveyed shop online at least once a month. The ratio increased to 93% among people aged 25-34 years.
- 78% of shoppers are more likely to be affected by price, and 66% affected by customer reviews when considering buying something.
Data were driven from 2,000 UK consumers aged 16-over 55 years (1049 females & 948 males) throughout February 2017.
For more information, please download “Online Reviews: The Consumers’ Perspective, 2017” full report.