Generation Zers (born from 1995 to 2012), are the first generation to have never spent a single day without the internet, cell phone or computer. For marketers, Gen Z holds a great deal of potential.
Check out everything you need to know about Gen Z in below and how brands can reach them. Recognize their online shopping habits, preferences & attitudes:
- Smartphones are central to Gen Z online lives. 7 in 10 of them said that their mobile is their most important device for getting online. 96% of them own smartphones device.
- Samsung is the mobile brand for Gen Z, but regionally North American Gen Zers are over 2x as likely to have an iPhone than a Samsung.
- Gen Z spends an average of 3:38 hours online on their mobiles – around 50 minutes longer than the global average.
- Gen Zers spend each day 1h:11m on watching online TV – about 20% longer than the average internet user.
- 9 in 10 have used second-screen during they are watching the TV. They are most likely to be social networking or chatting to friends in their second-screen.
- 17% are using music-streaming each month and the service is particularly popular among those in the Americas and Europe where 30% & 40% are using it.
- 50% are more likely to discover brands via vlogs and 33% are more likely to via celebrity endorsements.
- YouTube is the most popular social media platform for Gen Zers, having almost a 10-point lead over Facebook when it comes to visitors/users. This reflects the importance of video and entertainment to this young audience.
Data were driven from a global sample size of 56,767 included 5,871 Gen Zers through GlobalWebIndex’s Q4 2016 wave of research across 35 countries.
For more information, please download the “Examining Gen Z Attitudes & Digital Behaviors, Q2 2017” full Report
Evolution of Retail: 2017 Gen Z Shopper Report | Euclid
53% of Gen Z Smartphone Users in US Are Motivated by Free Guest Wi-Fi to Shop In-Store | Euclid
ONLINE REVIEWS: THE CONSUMERS’ PERSPECTIVE, 2017 | FEEFO
PULSE OF THE ONLINE SHOPPER, 2017 | UPS