ROI – Return on investment – should be simple but in the field of social marketing, people are still asking questions when they discuss ROI: how a solid measurement plan fits in and how optimizations and insights impact the bottom line.
To understand how social marketers across all major verticals – hospitality, e-commerce, CPG, restaurants, tech, sports, and entertainment – should be thinking about ROI in 2017 take a look at the below hints:
# Hospitality: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run multi-property analysis.
- Avoid using Twitter as a customer service channel only.
- Bulk up on UGC and influencer programs.
- Invest in ads.
# E-commerce: How can you increase your ROI?
- Focus on Instagram.
- Place a link in your bio.
- Optimize your photos for mobile.
- Regram your followers and customers.
- Schedule time to interact.
- Post regularly.
- Measure your progress.
# CPG: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run multi-brand and competitive analysis.
- Use the Social Metrics Matrix.
# Restaurants: How can you increase your ROI?
- See where your content goes: Production & Distribution.
- Stay laser-focused on your conversions: Set your measurement Foundation, seek growth, and get creative.
# Tech: How can you increase your ROI?
- Experiment with live video.
- Tie to your organizational goals.
- Focus on dark.
# Sports: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run regular segmented analysis.
- Identify which content drives the most engagement and conversion.
# Entertainment: How can you increase your ROI?
- Increase website traffic.
- On Facebook: Publish engaging content and invest in ads.
- On Instagram: Put a website link in your bio, use influencers & partners, and use Instagram stories.
- On Pinterest: Convert your personal account to a business one, add keywords next to your business name, add important keywords to your bio, and share pins related to current trends & events.
- On Twitter: Play on curiosity, get other Twitter users to share your content, and invest in Twitter ads.
For more information, please download “The ROI Refresh Guide” full guide.
REAL ROI FROM SOCIAL IN 5 STEPS | BAZAARVOICE
THE ROI OF VIDEO IN EMAIL MARKETING | STREAM SEND
Google Analytics Was the Main Tool Used to Measure ROI in Digital Health Care Sector in 2016 | HIMSS
Measuring ROI is the Top Challenge in Digital Video Marketing, 2016 | Brite Content
Only 5.5% of the US Marketers evaluate their ROI as Extremely Positive | Drip