ROI – Return on investment – should be simple but in the field of social marketing, people are still asking questions when they discuss ROI: how a solid measurement plan fits in and how optimizations and insights impact the bottom line.
To understand how social marketers across all major verticals – hospitality, e-commerce, CPG, restaurants, tech, sports, and entertainment – should be thinking about ROI in 2017 take a look at the below hints:
# Hospitality: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run multi-property analysis.
- Avoid using Twitter as a customer service channel only.
- Bulk up on UGC and influencer programs.
- Invest in ads.
# E-commerce: How can you increase your ROI?
- Focus on Instagram.
- Place a link in your bio.
- Optimize your photos for mobile.
- Regram your followers and customers.
- Schedule time to interact.
- Post regularly.
- Measure your progress.
# CPG: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run multi-brand and competitive analysis.
- Use the Social Metrics Matrix.
# Restaurants: How can you increase your ROI?
- See where your content goes: Production & Distribution.
- Stay laser-focused on your conversions: Set your measurement Foundation, seek growth, and get creative.
# Tech: How can you increase your ROI?
- Experiment with live video.
- Tie to your organizational goals.
- Focus on dark.
# Sports: How can you increase your ROI?
- Run regular segmented analysis.
- Identify which content drives the most engagement and conversion.
# Entertainment: How can you increase your ROI?
- Increase website traffic.
- On Facebook: Publish engaging content and invest in ads.
- On Instagram: Put a website link in your bio, use influencers & partners, and use Instagram stories.
- On Pinterest: Convert your personal account to a business one, add keywords next to your business name, add important keywords to your bio, and share pins related to current trends & events.
- On Twitter: Play on curiosity, get other Twitter users to share your content, and invest in Twitter ads.
For more information, please download “The ROI Refresh” full guide.