People remember 80% of what they see, 20% of what they read, and 10% of what they hear. So, it’s no wonder that Instagram is a popular social media platform, and not just for consumers but for brands as well.
Check out the below insights on Instagram, how brands are using it and what they’re getting out of it:
- Instagram consumers:
- 90% of Instagram users are under 35 years, 51% of those users are males and 49% are females.
- They spend an average of 25 minutes per day on Instagram.
- 33% of internet users use Instagram, 80+ million of US populations use Instagram.
- Instagram stories & likes trend:
- 150+ million daily active story users, 600+ million monthly active users, 400+ million daily active users.
- 4.2 billion likes per day, 40+ billion photos posted to-date.
- Instagram engagements with brands:
- 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, 84 times higher than Twitter.
- 50% of most major brands use Instagram, but it’s expected to rise to 71% by 2018.
- Posts include location tag have 79% higher engagement than posts without.
- The best times to post on Instagram are Mondays & Thursdays at any time except between 3:00-4:00 PM.
For more information, please download “Why Your Business Needs to Use Instagram” full guide.
Instagram Statistics | Instagram
How Fashion Brands Do it Best on Instagram | Socialbakers
Marketing Budgets 2016: 5 Reasons Instagram Matters, 2016 | MDG Advertising
The Complete Guide To Instagram | Simply Measured
How to Generate Your First 20,000 Followers on Instagram | Ross Simmonds
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram are the Top 4 platforms Marketers Prefer | Social Media Examiner
Social Media and eCommerce in Saudi Arabia, Instagram is Having The Top Influence | International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy