A hashtag is a keyword or a phrase (without any spaces) that contains the # symbol. It is a simple way to boost traffic, find & reach niche audiences, and to discover trending cultural moments.
Learn more about how hashtags work on each social network:
- Twitter: Hashtags are a necessary way to categorize content on Twitter. Try to limit to 2 or 3.
- Instagram: Hashtags are used to build communities and help users to find topics they care about. Limit to a few hashtags in your caption and if you have more than a few hashtags, make a list of them in a comment rather than in the caption.
- Facebook: Using hashtags on Facebook can make your content look overtly promotional. So, avoid using hashtags on Facebook.
- Google+: Use hashtags to tag and classify your content (such as #cookingtips).
- Tumblr: Choose hashtags that reflect the interest category of your content.
- Pinterest: Use hashtags here sparingly. It would help your content rise in search results.
For more information, please download “How to Find the Best Hashtags for Your Business” full guide.
Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Metrics | uberVU via Hootsuite
Infographic: Why Your Business Needs to Use Instagram | Gramlike
How to Grow Your Amazon Business From $1M to $10M | Feedvisor
Snapchat Marketing for Businesses: The Definitive Guide, 2017 | Prateek Agarwal
9 Ways to Increase Social Media Engagement | B. Loved. Hive